This position is for an experienced sewer Laborer for construction projects in and around St. Louis, MO
Must have experience with pipe work, including water, sewer & drainage. Applicants must also have experience with grding, foundation and septic work. Perform tasks involving heavy physical labor at excavations, construction, and demolition sites. May lift up to 100 lbs. repetitively every day. Will operate hand and power tools of all types: air hammers, earth tampers, cement mixers, small mechanical hoists, surveying and measuring equipment, and a variety of other equipment and instruments. Will clean and prepare sites, dig trenches, set braces to support the sides of excavations, erect scaffolding, and clean up rubble and debris. Must demonstrate the ability to perform in a proficient manner any assigned laborer duties. Additional duties shall include maintaining jobsite cleanup & trash haul and manual material handling involving heavy lifting of construction materials.
LOCATION: St. Louis with some travel required.
SALARY: Union Salary.
- The applicant must be able to access work areas that are accessible by ladders, stairs, or under construction equals of limited access.
- Additionally, this position requires flexible work hours. In order to get a project completed on time, such as overtime, weekends and night shifts. Current schedule is 5-12 hour days.
- Clean and prepare construction sites to eliminate possible hazards.
- Read and interpret plans, instructions, and specifications to determine work activities.
- Control traffic passing near, in, and around work zones.
- Signal equipment operators to facilitate alignment, movement, and adjustment of materials.
- Dig ditches or trenches, backfill excavations, and compact and level earth to grade specifications, using picks, shovels, pneumatic tampers, and rakes.
- Measure, mark, and record openings and distances to lay out areas where construction work will be performed.
- Load, unload, and identify building materials, machinery, and tools, and distribute them to the appropriate locations, according to project plans and specifications.
- Erect and disassemble scaffolding, shoring, braces, traffic barricades, ramps, and other temporary structures.
- Build and position forms for pouring concrete, and dismantle forms after use, using saws, hammers, nails, or bolts.
- Manual labor in support of work activities including construction, demolition and cleanup
- Must maintain consistent and punctual attendance
- Interested candidates should forward a resume for immediate and confidential consideration.
- Applicants only. Recruiters, please don't contact this employer.
- Please do not contact employer about other services, products or commercial interests.
- No phone calls about this job!
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
ABNA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pre-Employment Drug Screen may be required.